When choosing a pediatrician, you may want to consider the pediatrician's training and experience, as well as the office location, hours, and routines. We recommend that you meet with your pediatrician prior to your baby’s birth, so you can ask any questions and become more familiar with the practice and staff. You will be visiting your pediatrician soon after your baby’s birth, therefore, you should select someone you are confident in and comfortable with.
The following are some questions you may wish to ask your baby’s pediatrician:
- Ask about the pediatrician's training and experience.
- Will your child see the same pediatrician for all visits?
- For well-child appointments, how long do you wait before you are seen?
- What happens if your child gets sick in the middle of the night or on weekends?
- Is the office near your home or place of work?
- Is parking convenient?
- What are the office hours?
- Are there weekend and/or evening hours?
- If your child is sick, how long does it take to get an appointment?
- Is this pediatrician listed as a provider on your insurance plan?
- What hospital is the pediatrician affiliated with?
As your baby grows, it’s also comforting to know that MoBap's Children's ER has a dedicated pediatric NICU unit. In 2007, we partnered with St. Louis Children’s Hospital and opened a full-size emergency room just for children. St. Louis Children’s Hospital/Washington University pediatricians and specially-trained pediatric nurses staff this unique unit, which includes private, multiple-use rooms for short or overnight patient care. Every room has a bright, ocean theme to put your child – and you – more at ease.
Please visit our Find a Pediatrician section on to see a list of our pediatricians, or call us at 314-996-LIFE (5433).