Prenatal Yoga Class for Expecting Mothers
Nurturing the Mother, Nurtures the Child
Making yoga an integral part of childbirth preparation
An ancient form of meditation, yoga has evolved into a popular form of exercise offering physical and mental benefits that can alleviate health problems, reduce stress, and increase flexibility.
Fortunately, there is also a form of yoga with benefits for expectant mothers. In fact, prenatal yoga offers many benefits and tools beyond traditional yoga, including:
- Easing your aches and pains
- Learning to be present
- Building breath awareness
- Gaining confidence in your body
- Building community as you connect with other expectant mothers
- Connecting with your baby
- Benefits before and after a C-section
- Recovering faster MamaYoga prenatal classes are structured with exercises and yoga techniques to help promote healthy pregnancy, keep the mind clear during labor, and ease women into motherhood. Regular attendance offers expectant mothers the opportunity to practice these exercises consistently for greater benefits.
The MamaYoga Prenatal Program at Missouri Baptist Medical Center provides expectant mothers with the opportunity to enjoy the many benefits of connecting to their bodies as they are changing in preparation for labor, birth, and motherhood.
Our prenatal yoga classes are for healthy women in uncomplicated pregnancies and can be safely attended up until the start of labor. Participants should wear comfortable clothing, and should bring a yoga mat and water to class.
Sign up for a 6 week class for $50. Your provider’s approval is required for participation in MamaYoga at Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Our participant waiver and physician approval for participation forms are available below. Expectant mothers must bring both signed, completed forms to the first class of each session they attend.
Physician Approval Form